Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cabinet placement

Woohoo!  Today we finally put our first cabinet in!   We redid the cabinets this summer by stripping the shellac off, applying multiple coats of Watco stain (natural) with ever finer sanding between each coat.  They are pretty rough on the bottom but we hope to cover up the bottom with Marmoleum click flooring so they should not look too bad.  Previous owners had stained them darker unfortunately, so we are left with a patchwork of light and dark(they only stained the exposed wood) but since we are putting the cabinets together in the same plan it should work out.  We were really on a roll when my cow vet of a husband got a call on a cow with a prolapsed uterus so we had to stop.  Here are some photos of our progress!  We used cove cabinet welt from Vintage Trailer Supply between the cabinets and the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment